Munich, Germany 81739 – 120,000 square feet
Micron Technology, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Boise, Idaho. They produce a multitude of semiconductor and computer memory devices, including DRAM and Flash components, and solid-state drives under several well-known brand names.
IPG Service Provided
- Objective Current Location Analysis and General Market Overview
- Site Surveys in Collaboration With Local Brokers and the Munich Economic Development Corporation
- Negotiate With Local Authorities to Achieve Substantial Tax Savings and Other Incentives For a New Location Within The City Center
- Negotiation of Space Return With The Existing Landlords
- Negotiate With Three Landlords to Achieve The Best Possible Result For a New Lease
Our experts on this project
- Due to their acquisition of Japan-based Elpida, Micron already had two locations, one in the greater Munich area and one in Ismaning.
- The leadership team in Boise wanted these disparate business units to assemble under one roof, ideally a place with reserve space from which to grow their business in the coming years.
Merging the various geographical interests and ensuring that corporate prerogatives were kept in focus throughout the process.
After several rounds of negotiations with three different landlords, Erich Struzyk and IPG team was able to secure an excellent deal for our client for one of the most sought-after properties in central Munich. The location was right next to Amazon, Xantaro, Microsoft, and Osram. Since we were early in the game, we were able to secure anchor tenant benefits that went well beyond the client’s expectations.
- 120,000 square feet of space secured
- Lease Value: €8 Million
- Savings to the Client: €2.8 Million on Lease
- Tax and Incentive Savings: €4 Million