FOSSA is a platform that helps large enterprise companies manage, track, and remediate open-source components at scale. The company has recently experienced a rapid scale of its own, fueled by three rounds of funding to support its growth.
Since FOSSA launched, IPG has been a trusted lease term advisor. We have worked closely with the company through every stage of its evolution, and we continue to facilitate real estate growth through various expansion opportunities. Our close relationship with FOSSAs executive team allows us to advise on potential sublease tenants should they require expansion.
IPG Services Leveraged
FOSSA enlisted IPGs services to facilitate and support their aggressive multi-phase growth.
- Office Tenant Representative for two locations
- Overall Long-Term Growth Projections (Five-Year Analysis)
- Options Analysis with Net Present Value (NPV) Economic Analysis
- FOSSA was experiencing explosive, unpredictable growth
- Capital conservation was necessary, yet they needed a large enough space to accommodate current and future growth
- Protect the company from real estate overage risk
- Through two tech office moves, the IPG team surveyed an extensive list of office options for the company, comparing them with the various submarkets of San Francisco.
- We analyzed the logistics, overall cost, corporate presence, and various other details on each option to present the executive team with as much information as possible.
- We filtered each option with viable, but very different, decision-drivers. Once shortlisted, we detailed FOSSAs most essential criteria and commenced negotiation on their front-runners as well as backups.
- Throughout the process, as with every IPG client, we provided the executive team with every possible option and all pros and cons so that they could make the most informed decision possible concerning the real estate in question.
Once a property was selected, IPGs in-house interior design team densified the office layout, leading all space-planning efforts and office furniture programs. This was quite helpful to FOSSA as it demonstrated how many employees the company could comfortably accommodate through various floorplan strategies.
- Shorter deal terms, lending greater future flexibility and a viable path to future growth
- Significant lease savings relative to market rates in San Francisco
- Maintained transportation hub for current and prospective employees
- Offices that reflects FOSSA’s culture and brand
- A location and a result that both teams are proud of