Unterschweinstiege 10, 60549
Frankfurt, Germany – 180,000 square feet
(€ 1.2 Million Annual Lease Value)
Dell Computers is a world leader in computer hardware and software, powering businesses and consumers in just about every market on the planet. IPG was contracted to act on Dell’s behalf to support one of their largest EU expansion efforts.
IPG Services Provided
- Infrastructure Analysis
- Staff Location, Analysis, and Travel Times
- Complete Market Overview
- Detailed Property Analysis and Cost Comparison
- Architectural Space Planning for All Choices and Options
- Negotiate with The City of Frankfurt
Our experts on this project
Assignment & Process
- Erich Struzyk of IPG was tasked with securing a leased building in a yet-to-be-defined location.
- The location needed to have excellent infrastructure and the potential for scale up or down, as required.
- Dell’s new facility in Frankfurt was to become its new global sample office and product showroom.
Perhaps one of the biggest challenges was representing and counterbalancing the interests of the local Dell Management, the workers union, the UK-based European regional office, and the US-based headquarters. Each faction had their own thoughts about the project, so we needed to find balance. Ultimately, everybody needed to be on the same page to ensure an expedient process.
We also needed to develop healthy competition between the landlord of Dell’s present site and several potential new landlords, including TSP.
We needed to ensure a seamless transition as Dell could not experience any downtime. Risks arose stemming from multiple former service providers, causing distractions that could have resulted in service interruptions.
Erich concluded the project successfully and on time, without any server “time-outs” during the move from the old site to the Frankfurt Airport. We did so by leasing space at Tishman Speyer’s Main Airport Center to support the transition.
The management, the staff, and the local union representatives were utterly thrilled with their new facility.
Better still, we were able to secure extensive tax benefits and other incentives from the city of Frankfurt, which is something that they had never authorized before.
- 180,000 SF of Space Secured For Ten Years
- Achieved Substantial Tax and Location Incentives and Benefits Secured an Option for Additional Space and/or the Return of Unused Space to Landlord
- 50 percent Savings on Lease Term: € 4.5
- Tax and Incentive Savings: € 8 Million
- Total Savings for Dell: € 12 Million.
- Due to the success of this project for Dell, we were awarded new projects in Halle, Lodz, and Bratislava.